Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

30 more years...says Dr. Molly

I went to see Dr. Molly yesterday. The pain in my chest seems to be gone. Molly said that the nsaid pain receiver and the muscle relaxant I am currently on really are not meant for my spasticity and are very indirectly taking care of my pain. She wants me to continue taking it through the summer, and then taper off.

There is a drug that people with my kind of cerebral palsy. Molly said that most people have a difficult time when they start taking it because of how sedating it is. If they get through that initial period, the drug works very well, but most people don't make it through the initial heavy sedation.

As for the pulmonary doctor's assessment of my scoliosis making my ribs cave in on me and putting my in great pain in about ten years (when I'm in my 50's), Molly said that I am so active that I should not need to worry about that happening to me until I am in my 70's.

I suppose nobody really knows, but I am going with Dr. Molly on this one.

No comments: