Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Then shall the lame man leap like a deer

For some reason, I am not offended by this article.

Matthias Media Briefing Web Extras: Then shall the lame man leap like a deer

I don't think my disability is a result of sin. If God wanted to exact the price of sin from us, we would all be dead.

I have always gained strength from the way Moses pleaded with God regarding his poor speaking ability. God says, "Hey, I made your mouth." We are not disabled in God's eyes; He made us!

We do live in a fallen world. I think the imperfection in all of us attests to that. My cerebral palsy does not make me any more imperfect than anyone else. His grace is sufficient for each of us.

God does not look at how perfect or imperfect we are; He looks at our heart to see if we are trying to become like Jesus.

God is bringing His creation to order, one heart at a time.

No comments: