Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My toe!

My big toe hurt for a couple days last week. The pain went away after a couple days, but over the weekend the pain came back pretty severe.

The pain was eminating from the base of the nail on my big toe. I looked it up on WebMD and figured that I had Paronychia, a nail infection.

Jodie call the doc. He wanted to see me. My big toe was a light shade of purple, and my foot was redish and hot.

The doc confirmed my diagnosis. The doctor sprayed some slight numbing agent on my toe.

"This may hurt a little."

I held on tightly to Jodie's hand. He took the scalpel...OUCH!...and did the deed. The nurse bandaged it up.

E is on spring break this week. Today he helped me soak my foot in epsom salt and rebandaged it...just like a pro.

Walking is already a challenge for me. With a hurt toe, the challenge is a bit greater.

But, it could be worse, and I am recovering.

No comments: