Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Oregonian cuts back

The Oregonian, my local paper, is cutting back...again.

UPDATED x2--O: Furlough Shoe Drops AND Salary Cuts | Oregon Media Insiders

I mentioned last week that we recently resubscribed to the Oregonian. They offered it to us for free until August.

I don't like paying for "paper" I don't read.

Why not sell me a online media package? Instead of dumping all your content online, why don't you let me subscribe online what I want to read? Create a media brokerage, add other quality news sources (national news, international news, magazines). Give me the option of having ads delivered to my house (Jodie likes those), and quality news available to me online. You could even deliver the front page and a summary to the other content that is available to subscribers online.

I hate to see the death of quality local, regional, heck...all news because the means of distribution did not keep up with consumer preferences.

No comments: