Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Observations of the day

A resolution I have for this year is to blog more.  I feel I dropped the ball last year by not blogging much.

It's easy to blog when life is moving fast and a lot is happening.  When life is mundane, not much happening, blogging is difficult.  There did not seem to be much that  happened last year, so I did not blog much.

This is a bad excuse for me.  As a writer, I am a life observer who should be able to take the most boring of days and turn it into fine art with the right words.

Today was Jodie's first day back to work after two and a half weeks off.  I went back to work today after five days off.  This morning, Jodie and I were getting ready to leave for work, and Eric was getting ready to leave for school.  Before we left, Eric gave Jodie a hug and then gave me a hug.  With a 6''5" teen, that does not happen everyday.  A wave of joy came over me considering what a great kid we have.

The news of the day is that Romney won the Iowa caucus by eight votes.  It makes me laugh  to hear the big deal people are making over that.  I like to follow politics. I am a moderate...a moderate what I am less and less sure.   I really am  not sure which party contains the majority of my ideas anymore.  Both sides seem more interested in self promotion rather than getting the right things done for the people.

Jodie sent me a message toward the end of the workday that she wanted to go to the midweek church service tonight.  Eric was going because the youth we having a white elephant exchange with the youth afterward  I was surprised  to see the Christmas decor still up in the sanctuary.  Pastor reminded us that Epiphany is Friday, and intern Ray shared more with us about what Christmas means to us.   Jodie and I are hoping to make the midweek service a habit.

I will try to be more observant this year, and will put more effort in making this blog more interesting for you.

No comments: