Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thank you bud!

We were up at the hospital today.  We feared that a "funny feeling" Ma2 had could have been a bad thing.  Everything turned out fine.  We all went to her house afterward to rejoice.  We shared the birthday cake that she made yesterday.  Life's little scares have a way of redirecting our attention to the important stuff.

I didn't know if I was going to be able to leave the hospital.   I got myself stuck.

When Jodie and I got to the hospital, I dropped Jodie off by the front door.  I went to look for a disabled parking spot.  There was none available in that lot.  I  saw a car pull out of a regular parking spot, so I pulled our oversized van into that spot.  The thought crossed my mind that pulling out was not going to be fun.

When it came to leave, I climbed the hill with my walker.  I got some funny looks.  It was a pretty steep hill.  I put my walker in the van.

I backed out, then pulled up over to the left.  I needed room on the right to swing out.  I have a backup camera, but I have trouble telling how close the back corner of the van is to the cars in back when I am trying to turn out.

This guy was waiting for my spot.  I kept pulling forward and back to try to give myself enough room to swing out.  The guy waiting for my spot gave up and drove on.  He came back around and figured  out what I was doing.  I looked at him and he started to give me hand motions to show me how far I could back up.

Now, I know the guy helped me because  he wanted my parking spot, but he really saved my bacon.

Thank you bud!


No comments: