Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Another wife in the car!

Jodie and E got me a Garmin for Christmas. I never use to get lost when I was driving somewhere. Now, I am over 40.

We were at Target in Fairview, OR, tonight. Our home is just a few miles away.

I turned on the Garmin. Earlier it was showing our location as Kansas. Finally figured out that you need to flip the antenna up.

The satellite picked us up at Target. I punched in our home address.

I drove out the driveway onto Halsey. The Garmin had wanted us to cut through Fairview Village.

I went down to Eastman. The Garmin was not happy. A female voice kept telling me what way to turn. When I did not turn as I was suppose to, she would say "Recalculating".

All the way home, the Garmin kept telling me to go right. It wanted me to take another street home and kept telling me to go right at every street I passed in order to get to that street. Each time it said "Recalculating".

We were all laughing, because every time is said "recalculating" it sounded more and more annoyed! Just like a wife!

Turns out the Garmin was trying to get us to another address the is similar to ours. I must have keyed in "av" instead of "pl". I'm not sure...I just know that we have had a lot of pizza places have a hard time finding us because our address is similar to a couple other locales.

My life story...every turn I make..."Recalculating!"

No comments: