Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Working during holiday week

I took Christmas Eve off this year. Except for the 2 holidays, I am working all the rest of the time. Jodie let a lot of her workers have Christmas Eve off, so she worked that day and took the rest of the week through New Years.

Jodie has a lot more vacation time than I have. I am trying to save time for out Grand Canyon adventure next summer. Yes, I know the Roloff's did this in recent episode of "Little People". We thought of this before seeing them do it....

Work has been so slow. I am suppose to work New Years Eve day also. Jodie and E want me to call in sick. I am tempted, but in 18 years on the job I have not used sick leave this way.

But being at work when my family, and my brain, is on holiday is really hard!



No comments: