Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Cherrypal


Sweeter than Apple...so the developer of this lean, green computing machine says.

A computer the size of a paper back...Plug in a keyboard and a monitor and you are good to go.

The applications are in a "cloud", that is, on a secure server that you access over the internet. The nice thing with that is that someone else handles the software updates; you don't. No viruses to worry about. The secured Cherrypal secured server offers the Openoffice.org suite of programs, iTunes, and some other Cherrypal software.

I use Google docs and spreadsheets all the time. Everything is simple, and is stored online for easy access from anywhere, and it's free. The functionality is always improving.

I won't rush to get one, but I foresee a day when I will. Make wifi available everywhere. Make wifi free or affordable. Make a portable screen and keyboard large enough for me to use and compactible enough for me to easily pack around...I would get one.

I hate dealing with updating software, and worrying about viruses. Let someone else deal with that.

Cherrypal.com

No comments: