Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

"Mountain Man is in the breakroom"

Every other Wednesday at about 10:30 I hear those words over the loudspeaker at work.

If you work in a office, you may know who they are, Mountain Man Fruit & Nut Company. The name of the lady who is the Mountain Man representative who comes to our office is Andrea. I like talking with her. A fascinating business model, bring fancy goodies to cooped up workers. I think she said she has over 100 clients she visits every two weeks. I just can't imagine going that many places, yet sometimes it sounds way more fun than sitting at my desk all day.

She knows I like chocolate, but that I try out the healthier fare from time to time. She leans toward McCain; I toward Obama. But neither of us is overly thrilled with either one.

A hard working small business person who brightens my day.

"Mountain Man is in the breakroom" --- that's my wake up call.

No comments: