Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Scooting around the neighborhood

The last two nights I have been going around the neighborhood with E, he on his bike, and me on my scooter.

It is interesting going down streets that we normally don't see.

One thing I noticed around our neighborhood was signs for Obama, and none for McCain. I am sure that trend would reverse as you go up the hill from us.

Tonight we went down to the Springwater trail. There are barricades set up. I think they are working on Johnson Creek, part of salmon restoration. We went around a few of the barricades. There is a new museum at the Linnemann Station. You will need to scroll down; I could no find a direct link.

In the early part of last century there was a interurban train system to help Portlanders escape the city on the weekends. One such destination was Paesano's Cedarville Park. I cannot find a good link for it, but below is a map. People would take the train there to camp, picnic and use the dance hall among the beautiful cedars. It is still used for weddings and other events. Tonight there was a bunch of people there and some form of bowling going on. Last Saturday we stopped at a nearby Shari's for lunch and we saw some ladies dressed in Sweedish garb. We heard them explain te were yoddlers at an event at Paesano's.





View Larger Map

No comments: