Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Monday, July 21, 2008

New website up and running...

I finished a new website for our church:

rlcpdx.org

I created it using Google Sites, a wonderful new website program. Collaborative, easy, secured, free. I am a Google fan.

I don't think I will need to worry about the site being hacked. Two years ago the joomla site I had set up for the church was hacked. Anti-American war pictures and rhetoric filled the screen when I pulled up the site, and junk started to upload to my computer. I was horrified! I spent a day searching for where the bogus code had been inserted. I found it, and I figured out how to secure the site better.

In order to keep the old site secure, I had to update to the latest version of joomla. Trouble would come with the special components or modules would not update...then I would need to replicate what had been there, to the best of my memory.

The new website is Troyproof...and I like that...

No comments: