Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Close call!

We were driving home from church yesterday. A lady pulled out of an apartment and cut us off...really bad.

I slammed on the breaks. I don't know how our 8500 pound van stopped...but it did.

I was not going to honk, but I fumbled for the horn. I thought she should know how close of call it was.

We pulled over. We had secured Jodie's chair. We had secured it with one restraint. It had really moved and was tipping. I have been telling Eric why we needed to secure it. He really did not get it...but now he does!

What the lady did next was pretty bizarre. She pulled over to the center median and stopped. As we started to go, she crossed back over two lanes of traffic, pulled into the gas station at the corner and turned her suv around to look at us. She then pulled out onto the cross street.

She drove slow and erratic. She then turned around, like she might be coming back to us.

When our light turned green, I was out of there! I kept looking in my mirror to see if she was behind us.

Maybe the lady felt bad and wanted to check on us. Maybe she was stoned.

I don't know!

No comments: