Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Need to figure this one out

Yesterday I dropped Ma2 and Eric off at the front door at church. I drove to the back lot and helped Jodie out. I told her to go ahead in.

It was raining and really yucky.

I got my scooter out, closed up the van, and headed for the back door. I use to be able to open a door from my scooter. I was struggling.

A little boy ran to my assistance. He and his mom were greeting at another door and saw me through the window.

He held the door. I started to go. I had to back up and try again. Then, I ran over the boy's foot. OMG!! I felt terrible! He did not cry...he ran to his mom.

I felt so bad!

Need to figure out how to get into church without causing damage...or pain!

No comments: