Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Hey Winneshiek...that was funny!

I was going down 122nd yesterday to pick Eric up from school.

At a red light, I was behind a tall, green pick up. Iowa plates, "Winneshiek" on the bottom. It's a county in NE Iowa...like, who doesn't know that?

A young gal was driving. She was smoking, and dangling the cigarette outside. She looked cool. Made me want to light up.

The cigarette dropped to the street.

The truck door opened. She jumped the four feet down the street and grabbed the cigarette. She hopped back into the truck.

She looked at me through her side mirror. She had that OMG look on her face as she saw me laughing. She started to laugh.

Don't worry Winneshiek, I won't tell anyone.

Cigs are expensive!

1 comment:

shawne1960 said...

That was funny, I'm glad I am not longer a smoker!