Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fostering Connections to Success

This may be  a bit dry for some...but welcome to my world!

Federal funding for kids in foster care, aka Title IV-E funding, my day  job is determining which kids we (the State of Oregon) can collect those funds for to reimburse the state for the cost of care.


The passage of The Fostering Connections to Success and Increasing Adoptions Act calls for delinking the eligibility from the old afdc program.

I have the numbers memorized...a family of 2 $499...a family of 3 $616...a family of 4 $795.  A big part of my job is figuring out how much money the family from which a child was removed earned during the month the child was removed.

We are still using 1996 AFDC needs standards!  Totally arcane!

Maybe, with this provision going away....my job will go away?  

I wouldn't be that lucky!


No comments: