Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Meeting with Dr. Cooke

Jodie and I were interviewed by Dr. Christina Cooke yesterday.

We spent a delightful hour and a half sharing with her our experiences as disabled individuals with the medical profession.  Dr. Cooke is working on a book on that topic.

Dr. Cooke was having technical trouble with her laptop computer.  She had to go back to her office.  Her guide dog wanted to leave the building rather than go back to her office.   It was funny, the dog was ready to go home!

I realized after talking with her about the birth of our son, and all the uncertainty and preparation before his birth, and all the adaptation we made when he was a infant and through his early years -- I realized that Jodie and I have a book in us that needs to get out.

Where  do I start?  How do I begin to organize my thoughts?

No comments: