Living and laughing with a disability - cerebral palsy; ordinary life, extraordinary circumstances.

Thursday, September 04, 2008

Prayer for Aunt Sandi

I have not quit figured out what the readership of this blog is.  I have not posted a prayer request here before, but if you are of the persuasion to pray, my bio Dad's sister, my Aunt Sandi, really needs it.

As written by my sweet cousin Rena:

My aunt (Sandi) is in Good Samaritan Hospital - Intensive Care
Unit (ICU).  We are not sure if she is going to pull through.   She went
in to the hospital last Wednesday 8/27/08.  Her heart rate was at 210
beats/minute.  She was experiencing what is called a "Thyroid Storm".
The medical team had managed to decrease her heart rate with medication
and the family thought she was out of danger and went home for the night.
Apparently a nurse at some point during the night for some unknown
reason removed my aunt's heart monitor.  At some point a nurse entered
Sandi's room to find that she was not breathing & her heart had stopped
beating.  As I understand the doctors/nurses do not know how long she was
in this condition.  The medical staff worked for quite some time (I
believe about 30 to 60 minutes) to resuscitate her.  Long enough that
they called my cousin's & told them that their mother had flat lined.
When my cousin's arrived at the hospital the doctors/nurses were still
working on resuscitation.  During the time of Sandi being "flat lined"
her organs began to shut down.  A week later she is clinging to life in
ICU in a medically induced coma.  The doctors are still trying to get her
organs (lungs, liver & kidneys) to function.  She now has pneumonia & one
of her lungs has collapsed several times.  At this point she would not be
alive if it were not for machines.  Her kidneys are now barely starting
to function after several dialysis treatments.  Her liver is functioning
at a low level and I belive her lungs are functioning at about 10%.  The
doctors are not sure if she will pull through and if she does pull
through if there will be brain, liver, kidney or lung damage.

Could you please add my Aunt Sandi to your prayer list?  This is my
prayer for her & for the family.  I pray for the complete, speedy &
miraculous healing of Sandi Dionne.  I pray for all of her organs
including her brain, lungs, liver & kidneys to make a complete and speedy
recovery & function fully at 100%.  I pray for a holistic healing of
Sandi Dionne mentally, physically & Spiritually and for God's Will to be
done. I also pray for our entire family that we have the strength &
endurance to walk through this journey keeping Spirit close at heart.
And pray also for Spiritual, emotional & physical healing for our entire
family & each family relationship within our family.  May we all walk
through this journey with love & acceptance in our hearts for one another
and for wherever this journey leads us.  Thank you God for all of your
unconditional love for each & every one of us every step of the way.  God
Bless. And So It Is. Amen.

Thank you & Bless you.
Rena



Thank you.

No comments: